The Missions: San Francisco and San José

Unless the mission is oriented by charity, that is, unless it springs from a profound act of divine love, it risks being reduced to mere philanthropic and social activity...Consequently, being missionaries means loving God with all one's heart, even to the point, if necessary, of dying for him. - Pope Benedict XVI


today this fellow with a swollen eye comes to the door telling me that he went to the hopsital and they told him that they couldn't do anything and to go to the church and we would take care of it. so i ask him what happened and he tells me that a month ago he got poked with a wire. he then opens the eye and, let me tell you, it is barely recognizable as an eye. it was completely red and black. i asked him what he wanted me to do and he said something about losing the eye. i'm thinking to myself, "you've got to be kidding me, this guy wants me to take his eye out." i told him that i was willing to take it out, but it would probably be better to return to the hospital and get a note saying he needed to go to san juan. fortunately, he got the note and will be going to san juan for the removal...




XML

Powered by Blogger



© 2006 The Missions: San Francisco and San José |