The Missions: San Francisco and San José

Unless the mission is oriented by charity, that is, unless it springs from a profound act of divine love, it risks being reduced to mere philanthropic and social activity...Consequently, being missionaries means loving God with all one's heart, even to the point, if necessary, of dying for him. - Pope Benedict XVI


today i experienced another lifetime first: doing live radio in a foreign language. it was quite a remarkable experience really: this blind kid has this radio show and he asked me to come and do a 30 minute interview. after i agreed he told me that he was going to discuss a pedophilia case that happened down here. i couldn't believe it - it's inescapable. anyway - after the first round he told me he was an evangelical and he started to lay into me a little. thankfully the Holy Spirit was there and He gave me the necessary words to at least make a good showing. afterwards some people blasted him for inviting me on and not asking me how i was, what i thought of banica, how i was adjusting to life in the dr. he just shrugged. oh well, that's life in the little city...




XML

Powered by Blogger



© 2006 The Missions: San Francisco and San José |