The Missions: San Francisco and San José

Unless the mission is oriented by charity, that is, unless it springs from a profound act of divine love, it risks being reduced to mere philanthropic and social activity...Consequently, being missionaries means loving God with all one's heart, even to the point, if necessary, of dying for him. - Pope Benedict XVI


Sorry for the lack of blogs for those few of you who still might tune in. (I don’t even think my mother reads this.) We are without the internet in the rectory. Thus, there are added complications to making a regular post.

Yesterday, I awoke to a very rare phenomenon in these parts; rain. Not that rain is rare this time of year, but it is the waking up with it that is very unusual. It seemed to have rained the whole nightlong. To add to this remarkable experience I drove to the capital the next day. It was consistently cloudy and rainy the length of the trip. What a comfortable feeling it was. I guess I didn’t realize how tedious bright sunny tropical days can be without the regular full day of rain that we take for granted in Virginia.




XML

Powered by Blogger



© 2006 The Missions: San Francisco and San José |